Using an Ellipta inhaler
- Slide the cover down to expose the mouthpiece until you hear a ‘click’.
- Hold the inhaler away from your mouth and breathe out fully.
- Put the mouthpiece firmly between your lips.
- Take one long steady breath in through your mouth. Hold your breath for about five seconds, or as long as you are comfortable.
- While holding your breath, remove the inhaler from your mouth.
- Breathe out slowly and gently, away from the inhaler.
- Slide the cover up and over the mouthpiece as far as it will go to close inhaler.
- Rinse your mouth with water and spit out if you are using a corticosteroid containing Ellipta inhaler. This reduces side effects such as a husky voice, sore throat, or fungal growth inside the mouth (oral thrush).
Note: Do not open or close the mouthpiece cover unless you are about to use your inhaler; if the mouthpiece is closed, the dose is lost.
Caring for your Ellipta inhaler
- Wipe the mouthpiece with a clean, dry tissue.
- Do not wash the mouthpiece or allow it to get wet when cleaning.
- Close the cover when not in use.
When to get a new Ellipta inhaler
There is a dose counter window on the front of the Ellipta inhaler. When the window turns red, it is time to get a new Ellipta inhaler.