Using a Breezhaler
Note: The Breezhaler inhaler device must be used to inhale the contents of the medicine inside the capsule. Do not swallow the capsules.
- Remove the cap from Breezhaler device.
- Rotate to open the mouthpiece.
- Remove the capsule from the foil wrapping and place it in the chamber. (Note: pull back the foil from the edges; do not ‘pop’ the capsule through the foil wrapping as this will damage the capsule).
- Close the mouthpiece until you hear a ‘click’.
- Press side buttons to pierce the capsule once and release. (Do not shake).
- Hold the inhaler away from your mouth and breathe out fully.
- Place the mouthpiece between teeth without biting and close your lips to form a good seal.
- Breathe in quickly and steadily, so you can hear the capsule vibrate. Hold your breath for 5 seconds, or as long as you are comfortable.
- Take a second breath from the same capsule to get the full dose. You do not need to pierce the capsule again.
- While holding your breath, remove the inhaler from your mouth.
- Breathe out slowly and gently, away from the inhaler.
- Open mouthpiece to remove the used capsule and discard.
- Close mouthpiece and cap.
Caring for your Breezhaler
- Wipe the mouthpiece with a clean, dry tissue when needed.
- Do not wash the mouthpiece or allow it to get wet when cleaning.
- Close the cover when not in use.
When to get a new Breezhaler
Each new pack contains the capsules for inhalation plus one Breezhaler. When your capsules are starting to run low, organise a repeat or new prescription.