Maintain a warm, dry and well-ventilated home

A damp and humid home encourages mould growth. Mould can trigger COPD symptoms and increase the likelihood of a flare-up. To avoid mould growth, keep your home warm, dry and well-ventilated. You can reduce humidity by using a dehumidifier. Placing a dehumidifier in the bedroom may be particularly useful if your COPD symptoms worsen during the night. You can find out more about how to improve the health of your home here.

If you are living in a damp/mouldy home you may be able to get help through a healthy homes initiative.

EECA (Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority) has a range of energy conservation information at