ASPIRE2025 is a partnership between major New Zealand research groups carrying out tobacco control research to help achieve the Government’s goal of a tobacco-free Aotearoa by 2025. The ASPIRE2025 Annual Report for 2015 features a brief overview of research in a range of areas including:
- The International Tobacco Control Policy Evaluation Project
- An international collaboration providing insights into the strategies used by tobacco companies to undermine and challenge tobacco control measures.
- Smokefree outdoor areas: Wellington’s chance to lead
- Tobacco retail outlet density and risk of youth smoking in New Zealand.
- Estimating the ‘consumer surplus’ for branded versus standardised tobacco packaging.
- Dissuasive cigarette sticks: the next step in standardised (‘plain’) packaging?
- Youth preferences for roll-your-own versus factory-made cigarettes.