World Asthma Day will take place on Tuesday 1 May 2018, to raise awareness of asthma in the community!
In New Zealand over 521,000 people take medication for asthma, that’s a huge one in seven children and one in nine adults.
Please help us to create further awareness about this condition in your community on World Asthma Day, 1 May 2018.
There are many ways that you can show your support for those with asthma on World Asthma Day, 1 May 2018.
- Get your pre-school, primary school or college to participate by registering to receive a free balloon pack before 1 April – click here for more information
- Download our World Asthma Day poster and put it on display – click here
- Download our World Asthma Day email banner - click here
- Post about World Asthma Day on social media and use the hashtag #worldasthmaday
- Fundraise with your peers or workplace for people with asthma to help us deliver our educational resources to families around the country
- Celebrate using balloons as a positive symbol to convey the serious message - for some people breathing out is a struggle, like when blowing up a balloon.
- Download our Asthma First Aid poster and learn the six steps to helping someone having an asthma attack – click here
Have you got a question about World Asthma Day? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org